Rapid Repair Concrete Repair
Quick repair of concrete cracks and holes
Rapid Repair is a very rapid set, high strength ultra low viscosity concrete repair material. This two part hybrid Urethane system is designed for rapidly rebuilding deeply spalled or damaged concrete surfaces, broken control joints and repairing concrete rapidly, even in cold conditions.
This product is especially useful in areas where “Down-time” is limited and a facility must operate around the clock. Rapid Repair repairs are put back in service in minutes after the installation is made. Rapid Repair provides critical crack repair while providing same day overlay repairs.
Rapid Repair is very low in viscosity allowing the product to deeply penetrate into the concrete better than epoxy and does not become brittle. The product is unique in that it can repair spalls of most any size at below zero temperatures.
Rapid Repair is ideal for damage repair to concrete surfaces that will be coated and/or overlayed. The product can be ground smooth and becomes almost invisible when properly coated.
How to Use Rapid Repair:
- Optional Step: For optimum performance, open up the crack using a hand grinder and crack chasing diamond blade, 1/4″ wide by 1/4″ deep is sufficient. Blow out or vacuum the crack to clean out any loose debris. Oils, sealers, etc. will inhibit proper bonding of Rapid Repair. If you choose not to chase the crack Rapid Repair 555 can be ground off or scraped off after initial set, usually about 20 minutes in .
- Remove cap off cartridge, attach crossover restrictor to cartridge, and then screw on nozzle. While holding dispensing tool upward, place cartridge set into gun. Point nozzle upward and squeeze trigger until air and unmixed product is expelled from the static mixer. Maintain a constant flow through the mixer while the gun is pointed in the air. Product is n ow ready to be applied to the repair area. Pointing the gun upwards can cause contamination and loss of product. Watch for unmixed product during the application process, it should not be placed into repair area.
- Prime the crack with Rapid Repair.
- Fill the crack with dry silica sand or any other clean dry sand.
- Soak sand with Rapid Repair until saturated leaving a slight hump.
- Rapid Repair can be scraped or lightly sanded once it turns light grey and has reach an initial cure to achieve a finished look (15-20 minutes depending on conditions). The step is essential when a topcoat of the area is to follow.
- Rapid Repair begins to set up very quickly. If allowed to sit in the mixer for more than a minute or two the mixer will become plugged. Unused product can be capped and reused as long as product that has entered the mixer has not been allowed to reenter either side of the cartridge.
- Rapid set, high strength ultra low viscosity
- Repaired areas are put back in service in 10-15 minutes
- Rapidly rebuilds deeply spalled or damaged concrete surfaces, broken control joints
- Deeply penetrates into the concrete better than epoxy and does not become brittle
- Can repair spalls of most any size at below zero temperatures
- Reduces down-time
- Traffic can resume in as little as 10 minutes
- Can be ground smooth and become almost invisible when properly coated
- Satisfied OSHA Floor Facility safety and surface conditions for forklift operations
- Reduces dropped fork truck loads
- Saves bearings and wheels on electric pallet jacks and cold storage electric lifts
- Increase productivity by providing smooth operating surfaces at any temperature
- Set time approximately 2 to 4 minutes
- Very high impact resistance
- Builds high strength bond in minutes
- Convenient 1:1 mix ratio
- Highly fuel and chemical resistance
- Long term durability
- Meets USDA requirements
Areas of Use:
- All concrete spall/damage repair
- Rebuilding control joints, floor repair
- Preparing floors for overlays
- Shallow spalls on Warehouse floors and bridge decks
- Spalls and crack repairs in fork lift traffic areas
- Floor polishing preparation
- Fill & repair spalls before coating